Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Book Club Dilemma

Having moved recently I'm no longer an official member of my old book club (whom I REALLY miss!!), and am now trying to choose between two new clubs here in Cambridgeshire.

Book Club One meets every first Thursday of the month at 7:30 in a hotel bar a few minutes walk from my house.  There are about 7 or 8 members, and they're reading really interesting books.  One at least co-ordinates book loans from the local library and another is involved with the Cambridge Literary Festival.

Book Club Two also meets every first Thursday of the month at 7:30, but centrally at a pub in Cambridge.  The inaugral meeting is next month, the first book looks really good, and this club is aimed at people who are new to Cambridge, though not too local to home.

Which would you choose?

1 comment:

  1. I have decided I am going to try Book Club One this month, and see how it goes. It's the local WI ladies, so there could be an age gap. On the positive side they seem really nice, and it is very local to home. On the negative, they always meet at the same place. My old club would often revisit a location, but was always willing to try a new venue. I get very bored very easily, and routine drives me INSANE! I can't even stand going to the same supermarket every week! Routine makes me feel itchy and trapped, so mixing it up is pretty important to me. Anyway, will give it a try for a month or two and see how it goes. Club Two is a meetup.com group and you can join/leave at any time.

    ReplyDelete