Monday, September 8, 2014

Book-a-Day 8: Have more than one copy

It has to be The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein.  If I truly love a book I may find that I end up with multiple copies.  I have a few books I 'discovered' as Kindle favourites, but loved so much I wanted that sensory experience of holding and smelling a copy of my very own.  I haven't got to the point where I will seek out a first edition, because unless it's a recent book I just can't afford them.

However, I do have several copies of The Hobbit.  Somewhere in my parents' loft in a dusty box of books yet to be rediscovered I have the first ever paperback copy I read, and another copy in hardback. In addition to those I have a copy on the kindle that I bought to read on holiday while in New Zealand, and I have a beautiful Folio copy which I treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment