Thursday, August 21, 2014

Where in the Literary Universe are you?

My name is Kvothe, and I am telling my life story in three parts, the first day of a three-day story. By my side is a friend, student and prince of the Fae, and a Chronicler who is recording my story. We are sat in my inn, The Waystone, which is in a country known only as The Four Corners of Civilisation, and I have led quite a life. At this point in my tale I am 15 years old, I have been a travelling Actor, musician, apprentice, genius, and found my parents and friends slaughtered, with their murderers laughing around a fire. I have lived homeless for three years and have just talked my way into entry to the University where I plan to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to wreak my revenge on the creatures who killed my parents. Oh, and learn The Name of the Wind.

Back to me, the blogger. I love this book! I can hardly stand to put it down, and when I have to, I can't stop thinking about it, and wait with eager anticipation for the next moment I can pick it up. I nearly missed my bus stop I was so drawn into it.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

A Mr B's Emporium spa recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment