Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Best Laid Plans.....

Well, I got part of my way through the November challenge, just couldn't complete it.

I am in the process of being made redundant along with a colleague, and I'm two weeks away from finishing my job.  The last two years feels like a bizarre turn of events, but right at the time I'm meant to be closing down my job, handing over and just being on call for my India based replacements it has transpired that they can't take over just yet and I am covering for them!  My colleague has left already, and now my workload has doubled!

It's been a stressful couple of years, and I'm leaving just before Christmas, then there will be New Year, and then in early January I am on a long vacation to Australia to my 2nd favourite place in the world - Sydney. I'll be back in the UK in February in time to celebrate my 40th birthday, and then job hunting will begin in earnest.

I may find that I have plenty of time to blog, but also no time, so I thought I'd post my excuses and have a break from the blog, to resume hopefully in February.

In the meantime - have a lovely Christmas and New Year, or if you're not that way inclined - Best wishes of the season to you.

During my time off from blogging I will endeavour to read through my 'Started' pile of books and plan my reviews...

The started pile looks like this at the moment:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Coral Thief by Rebecca Stott
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
What was lost by Catherine O'Flynn
Epitaph for a spy by Eric Ambler
Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguru



No comments:

Post a Comment